Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

1st chance to post

So day 6 and this is the 1st chance I have had to post. We have met some very nice people so far. We have had two free rides from strangers who I like to think of as friends now. One to get to the Amicilola start and another to get to town to pick up some very needed 1st aid.
So about the 1st aid ..... Ofcourse it was me to be the 1st one with an injury even though it was slight. Word of advice if u start to feel rubbing on your feet take care of it right away. If not u end up with a big ass blister the size of a quarter. Mole skin is the shit, tape it on the blister and u are go to go. I also have a heat rash from my toes up past my ankle. Hopefully the cortaid will help. All is still good. It has been a great couple of days so far. The weather has been great only one rainy day. We have met some of our fellow thru-hikers, people from all over the country. It has been great to spend this time with Jay.....So alot of rambling but we are taking a zero day (no miles) today. Cleaning up and doing laundry. We stopped at Neels Gap at this place called Walisi-yi. It is a backpackers Disneyland. If i didnt have to carry it with me all the way to Maine I could spend some money here. Well that is it. Leaving here in good spirits.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck you two! Can't wait to read more about your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Have been think of you guys every night, I keep checking the weather. Best of luck PWR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boot tree! 2% complete! 98% to go. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete